Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Vegas Valley Book Festival


Over the weekend I attended the Vegas Valley Book Fair. I couldn't asked for a more beautiful, sunny day for this fair in the heart of Downtown Las Vegas. I was not a vendor this year. Instead, I walked around with my wonderful agent and other authors that my agent also represent. Throughout the day, I've met a representative from Barnes and Noble,  PBS, Henderson Library, Clark County Literary Association, The Mob Museum, Books in Braille,  the Association for the Blind, and someone from a publishing house!

There was a lot of kids activities, along with poetry readings, writing classes. A Teen area that had young adult authors speaking about writing their books, and steampunk. This fair had everything for anyone.

The Fair had a special guest appearance by no other then the real Elmo from Sesame Street live on stage with Mando. I don't care how old I am, I still love seeing Elmo live on stage.

Over all,  the Vegas Valley Book Fair was VERY productive for me and my book "Omerta Affair".  If you love books and have family time with your family than the Vegas Valley Book Fair is the perfect place to go. I'm already looking forward to going back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment